Forum rules - please read before posting.

Re-Assign Managers neccessary

Hi Chris,
after last update Adventure Creator to version 1.51b on Unity 5.3.4f1 I have always to re-assign all managers, when I start my scene. Otherwise all settings are gone.
Is it my fault?

best regards Bernd

Comments

• kinda XD

When importing AC. turn off anything that you dont want resetting.

So un check the managers and what-not
  • I actually have the same issue. After the last update each time I launch Unity the Demo managers are assigned regardless of what I do.
  • Re-importing the demo managers will have no affect - it's the /Assets/AdventureCreator/Resources/References.asset file that stores which ones are assigned.  You can either opt to not re-import this file when upgrading, or simply double-click your Manager Package asset to re-assign your managers in bulk.  This is covered in Section 1.6 of the Manual.
  • Yes I know this, but every Time I have started Unity again, I have to re-assign the Managers knew!
  • Yes - Chris, it's upon every launch now, not just after upgrading.
  • I've had this happening a number of times, too. Problem went away by itself somehow, but it was definitely there at some point after the latest upgrade.
  • I manually re-assigned each of the 8 managers and believe that it is resolved.
  • edited April 2016
    Are you saving your project after bulk-assigning the managers?
  • I definitely _think_ I tried saving the project when I had this problem, but to no effect - and then it somehow solved itself.

Not much to go by - this is a software developer's dream of a bug report, isn't it? :D
  • Hi Chris - it Must be a Secret bug! Yesterday I made a rolback to an Backup and before update the issue was gone. Then I made the update of Adv. Creator and the issue happens again! I re - assigned the Managers , Save my project,Save my scene and close Unity. After launching Unity again, the Problem still exist! I does that procedure more then four Times and suddenly the issue was gone .
  • Turns out this is an issue with Unity 5.3.x (the gift that keeps on giving).  A fix will be included in v1.51c.  Thanks for the reports, guys.