Forum rules - please read before posting.

After Upgrading AC to 1.51b, Hotspots fail to bring up Interaction Menu

After upgrading Adventure Creator to version 1.51b (I think I was on 1.50i), none of my hotspots work. The cursor changes to show that I've moused over a hotspot, but I can't get the interaction menu to display after clicking on the hotspot. This happened right after upgrading AC; I didn't change any settings before testing. I'm making a 2D point-and-click style adventure game, and here are relevant settings:
Interactions are set to: "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction"
Select Interactions by: "Clicking Menu"
See Interactions with "Click On Hotspot"
The Interaction menu is set to "Appear at Cursor and Freeze"

Version Info:
Adventure Creator ver: 1.51b
Unity ver: 5.3.4f1 Personal (on Mac OS X 10.11.4)

Comments

• On the hotspot, under use interactions, has the interaction action been de-coupled?

I mean, does it still have an interaction in its slot of examine/use etc

• edited April 2016
    Yes, all the Hotspots still have a "HotspotName: Look at", "HotspotName: Use", and/or "HotspotName: Talk to" interaction linked in the "Interaction" field.
  • The 2D Demo uses a similar control style and should work in Unity 5.3.4 / AC 1.51b.  Try running the 2D Demo scene, Park, using your own Managers.  Are you able to bring up the Interaction menu when clicking on Hotspots?  Either way, we'll at least be closer to knowing the source of the issue.
  • Basically what we need to work out is whether it's down to the scene, or the settings.  If your own Managers work in the 2D Demo, it'll likely be down to the scene.  If they don't work, replace your managers with the 2D Demo's counterparts in turn until it does, so we know which manager is causing the problem.

Also be sure to try the 2D Demo's Managers in your own scene.
  • Okay, here are the results of those tests:

My Game's Scene
    • with my Game's Managers: Hotspots DON'T work
    • with 2D Demo's Managers: Hotspots DO work

2D Demo Park Scene
    • with my game's Managers: Hotspots DON'T work
    • with 2D Demo's Managers: Hotspots DO work

• Are you sure they are enabled ? XD

post screenshots, of your hotspots and menu for hotspots, this will help us see whats going on :)
  • OK.  Again, replace your own Managers with the 2D Demo's in turn to see which one is causing the problem.  It will likely either/both the Settings and Menu Managers.  Once we know which one is the root of this, we can compare the difference to see where the problem lies.
  • Sorry I misread your earlier message. I replaced each of my game's managers one-at-a-time with those from 2D Demo's, and the hotspots work when either 2D Demo's Settings or Menu manager is used instead of the respective manager from my game.

What differences should I be looking for when comparing these two managers with mine?
  • Make a .unitypackage file of both asset files and PM them to me (no ZIP).
  • Just to update everyone: It turns out that my interface menu was too far from the mouse cursor to appear properly. Adjusting the position of the interface menu to bring it closer to the cursor position resolved the issue.

Thanks to Chris for pointing out the problem.