Forum rules - please read before posting.

Htc Vive ?

So I have been looking into a Vr Game and wanted to know if Adventurecreator is a good asset to make one with . More towards Htc Vive and room scale movement adventure ?

Comments

• AC currently has no official VR support.  It does, however, include a MainCameraVR prefab that - if you replace your scene's MainCamera with it - will allow your MainCamera to be rotated by the player on top of any movement control you assign via your AC cutscenes / gameplay.  This should make it possible for VR support to be added to your script via custom scripting.
  • Will you support VR officially in the future? I would highly recommend that, cause i think that especially Adventuregames are working perfect within VR-Space!
  • I cannot give any guarantees.
  • I've been building some things with AC that work with Oculus, so the theory is sound, though it'd probably take some work to get it functioning with the special controllers.
  • Indeed, control is the larger issue here - as every platform is different.  We do, however, now have the ability to override AC's control system (including mouse position) - see this tutorial.  While official support for VR is not something I can easily guarantee, I do suspect that it would be relatively painless for integration to be added by each game's developer on a case-by-case basis.  @PixelCrushers too has been having success with AC/Oculus.
  • edited April 2016
    Thank you, right now the Oculus has unfortunatly no Touch Controllers delivered, what i think is the most interesting part. Like solving puzzles with a touch controller in VR. So i think it would be great to have some working Control System in AC for Touch Controllers in the future. 

(I should get my vive this month, but i don't know if i'm able to implement such system on my own.) 
  • edited April 2016
    > @PixelCrushers too has been having success with AC/Oculus.

We're using keyboard+mouse and gamepad since, as Hormic mentioned, Oculus hasn't released touch controllers yet. AC's support for keyboard+mouse and gamepads works great.

We're also using Unity UI world space menus, which AC supports well. We don't use AC's fit to aspect ratio feature, but I did post a Unity UI script somewhere on this forum for that.

The only issue we've had to work around is AC's use of IMGUI for cursors. For menus, we use a world space cursor; for our design, it works better than gaze selection. Inventory drag-and-drop currently uses GUI.DrawTexture, which isn't visible in VR mode. So we don't use drag-and-drop, and instead activate an interaction when the player clicks on an inventory item.

I think the cursor issue is the only thing that's needed to say that AC is fully VR-compatible.

When positional controllers (e.g., Touch) are available, it would be nice if someone posted a positional controller script that overrides AC's control system, too.