Forum rules - please read before posting.

Enable/Disable on Triggers?

Hi!

I've been struggling with this... but it seems like it should be simple. This is what I want to happen:

Scene starts - Trigger is Disabled
Hotspot interaction occurs
Hotspot interaction enables trigger

I can't figure out how to do it though. I tried aaving trigger as prefab and loading it on the fly, but it doesnt work, the actionlist gets erased and I can't load asset list from a file.

Can someone help me figure out how to do this? I'd rather not edit the source code to add an enabled/disabled flag on triggers...

Comments

• A Trigger can be turned on at runtime by passing the "TurnOn" message to it (using the Object: Send message Action).
  • Thanks! I'll try that.
  • Will that be saved in a savegme when using the 'Remember Trigger' script attached? 
  • It's enabled state will be, yes.
  • edited July 2016
    Hmm. My triggers don't seem to have an Enabled state or checkbox like hotspots do. I am using an older version of AC though. Could that be my problem? 
  • The "enabled" state on Hotspots are for individual Interactions.  The option to set the enabled state for the entire Hotspot is on the RememberHotspot component itself, and the same goes for the RememberTrigger.  There you can set the start state of it, so that you can have it disabled when the scene begins.  Without knowing what version of AC you're using, I can't tell if you'll have that - but you should always update to the latest version when it's available.
  • I wish I could, But we made so many modifications to the version we have been using that we are to scared to ;)