Forum rules - please read before posting.

[BUG] Hotspot detector

Hi everyone!

So when I use Hotspot Detector and disable current hotspot, the Hotspot Detector still has nearestHotspot field set to this hotspot and I can still interact with it. Furthermore when I move away from it, it doesn't trigger OnTriggerExit2D event function, so it is still active even when I am far away. For now I have fixed it by checking in GetSelected() function if hotspot's function IsOn returns false or if object with hotspot is deactivated in hierarchy, and then setting nearestHotspot to null and removing from hotspots list.

Tried to find a different way, which won't change anything in AC, but only thing I could find was how to disable highlight.

Comments

• True, and enabling a hotspot when you're standing in its trigger also doesn't make it show up until you walk out of the trigger first. This is a problem with how Unity's Triggers work, it's not AC's fault - I had the same sort of problem but it sounds like your method is a pretty okay workaround.
  • edited August 2016
    Regarding the first issue, what is your Hotspots in vicinity setting?
  • It is set to "Nearest only". I know that Unity Triggers are like that, but we have to cope with Unity stuff, but we can make some workarounds in AC :D
  • Trigger issues aside, the Hotspot Detector will react correctly to disabled Hotspots in v1.53a.