Forum rules - please read before posting.

Saving: Remember "Run in Background"?

I'm in the middle of troubleshooting my game's save system and wanted to know how I can get AC to remember a cutscene playing in my scene's background. Basically, I have an NPC walking around and talking on a loop, but if I save and load, he loads up in his last position and the cutscene's no longer active. 

Is there a way to save the position of the ActionList and have it continue playing on load? Or at least a way to start the NPC's cycle over again?

Thanks

Comments

• An ActionList's "position" can only be saved if it has been paused using the ActionList: Pause or resume Action.  This is automatic so long as the ActionList has a Constant ID number associated with it.

You could try pausing and resuming the ActionList before and after saving using custom events - specifically the OnBeforeSaving and OnFinishSaving, just create new ActionLists for these Actions and call their Interact function.  You would finally need to resume the ActionList again in your OnLoad Cutscene.

However, if you're happy to simply restart the cycle, reset the NPC's position in OnLoad and then re-run the Actionlist afterwards.
  • Thanks, Chris! I'll try those out tonight. :)