Forum rules - please read before posting.

AdvGame.RunActionListAsset(name of the ActionList) , with parameters?

I have a script which uses the above AC special function but I would like to pass a parameter with it such as:

AdvGame.RunActionListAsset(toDoOnEnter,myTransform);
 where myTransform is the Game object where my script is attached to but I have not found in AC ActionList any way to recover that parameter.
Is this possible?

Comments

• Neither one shows me how to read the parameter passed in the ActionList  . The script is correctly working with
    AdvGame.RunActionListAsset(toDoOnEnter,myTransform);
    I pass an ActionList in the inspector called toDoOnEnter but how do I see the parameter myTransform in the ActionAsset? (I used the CustomTrigger sample shown in AC Wiky)
  • I've gone further. I have configured my script with an integer number (Code)
    AdvGame.RunActionListAsset(toDoOnEnter,int Code);
    then I configure my 'toDoOnEnter' actionAsset with 'has parameter'
    Now in toDoOnEnter I want to compare the parameter passed with a variable an did this:
    Variable:Check
    Variable : codeNumber
    Compare with
    Equal to : (0)Parameter 1
    etc

But the compare fails even thou both the parameter I pass and the variable are indeed the same.
  • edited March 2017
    Going back to your original question, you can use the ActionList: Check parameter Action to check a parameter's value.

Passing a GameObject alone affects the first parameter defined in the ActionList.  See the scripting guide description of:
    AC.AdvGame.RunActionListAsset (ActionListAsset actionListAsset, GameObject parameterValue);

When passing an integer to this function, you're actually setting the parameter's ID.  The parameter's value is set after that.  Again, see the scripting guide:
    AC.AdvGame.RunActionListAsset (ActionListAsset actionListAsset, int parameterID = -1, int parameterValue = 0);

To set the parameter value of your 1st parameter (presumable ID = 0), you want:
    AC.AdvGame.RunActionListAsset (myActionList, 0, myNewParameterValue);

These descriptions also appear in MonoBehaviour when you write the function names.
  • Coincidentally this morning (05:30) I found the solution too but your explanation clarifies it. I am now passing a GamObject as a parameter and it works, this saves me a lot of ActionAssets, variables, etc. since I have 15 doors each  performing an open/close Action and the  GameObject of the door is passed as parameter in the ActionList