Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug - Comparing global variables

edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi Chris, with the new update 1.36 some cutscene where i check some variables aren't working anymore.
In this Cutscene I check the value of a global variable with the value of another global variable. The first check is ok but i found the second check become empty... 
Example:
Source: Global
Variable: GlobalVarExample
Compare with: Global
Statement: Equal to ..... (here the aren't buttons anymore... they disappear...)

If i change the Compare with in Local variable, the button reappear and I can select a Local variable near the Statement "equal to".
If I change again the "Compare with" in Global variable, the button still stay but i can select only Local variable...

I think it's a bug because before the update it was working...
Tx and bye!

PS: looking in the Action List Editor, I have some actions become... like in this pic! O_O!

And after that some errors I cannot understand:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ActionVarCheck.ShowVarGUI (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 vars, Int32 ID, Boolean changeID) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionVarCheck.cs:405)
ActionVarCheck.ShowGUI (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parameters) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionVarCheck.cs:282)
AC.ActionListEditor.DrawSharedElements () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditor.cs:153)
CutsceneEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Editor/CutsceneEditor.cs:36)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (Boolean isRepaintEvent, UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:850)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

BTW, you can recreate it with the basement demo. Add a new cutscene, compare a global variable with another global variable and you'll see it.

Comments

• It's a bug all right, and a critical one.  I will have to fix this ASAP, thanks for letting me know.
  • This will be fixed in 1.37, but because it's ETA is a little up in the air, here's how to fix it in the meantime:

ActionVarCheck.cs: (line 405)

change:
    compareVariableID = ShowVarSelectorGUI (localVariables.localVarscompareVariableIDfalse);

to:
    compareVariableID = ShowVarSelectorGUI (variablesManager.varscompareVariableIDfalse);
  • Hey thank so much @ChrisIceBox!
    I really appreciate your quick fix! Really! 
    :)>-