Forum rules - please read before posting.

popup variable useage

I have a Menu with Label and Number. In the number the player enters 1 through 6. I want to use the popup variable so that an action list is done depending on the number entered. I first convert the string from Number into an int variable (Set formula) and how can I tell the porpup variable which number to execute?

Comments

• Use the Variable: Copy Action to copy it from the Int to the PopUp variable.  Currently the Action won't copy to a PopUp variable, but you can fix that by opening ActionVarCopy.cs and changing line 98:

if (newVar.type == VariableType.Integer || newVar.type == VariableType.Boolean)

to:

if (newVar.type == VariableType.Integer || newVar.type == VariableType.Boolean || newVar.type == VariableType.PopUp)

I'll make the change official in v1.51.  You can then use the Variable: Pop Up Switch Action to do different things according to it's value.
  • Yes, it works Thanks

• edited June 2017
    Does ActionVarCopy.cs still need editing in v.1.5.7 for Variable:Copy to work? If so which line? Line 98 currently points at totally different code and using it as described here still returns the error: "Cannot compare PunchScore and PunchScore Max as they are not the same type!"

Here's the relevant actionList:

• @DADA_universe: That message is comping from the Variable: Check Action - not Variable: Copy.  In order to compare the values of two variables that are not the same type, you have to copy one of them to a tempoary one that is the same type.