Forum rules - please read before posting.

mouse cursor jittering in hardware mode

Hi 
I have another problem, when I use software mode for cursor I have cursor from game and mouse pointer from windows - in hardware mode I have only cursor from game(it is little bigger than in software mode) but cursor is jittering -  I don't know how to fix this

Comments

• Jittering how, exactly?  Can you provide a video to demonstrate what you mean?  And is this in builds as well, or just the Editor?

When in Hardware mode, AC switches to Unity's provided cursor functions - so if there's a problem it's likely on the Unity side of things.  What versions of Unity and AC are you using?
  • edited June 2017
    Hi,
    I have unity 5.6.1f1, AC is 1.57 
    I have jittering in editor and build too

• Could this be a conflict with PlayMaker?  You appear to be using to affect the mouse cursor in some way, so it may be that this is an unintentional side-effect.  Try it without PM in your scene and see if it still occurs.
  • Hi,
    I upgraded AC to 1.58, deleted playmaker and still have jittering and with software cursor when I change scene system cursor shows up for a second.
  • And does this new issue also occur in builds, or just the Editor?

This is using AC's First person movement method?  Even without PM, you still have a fair few third-party assets involved.  As a test, please create a new project with AC but nothing else, and test with the 3D Demo scene and Tin Pot (the Demo's player character).

He can be used with First-person movement, and you can prevent the opening cutscene from running by clearing the "On Start" Cutscene field in the Scene Manager.

In this new project, use the same Manager settings as your main one - the graphics shouldn't matter, just things like the Movement method, Cursor rendering, etc.  See if you can get the issue to occur here - we first need to rule out that it is not due to a conflict with any other asset.
  • Hi,
    I did what you said(new project with only AC and 3d demo with Tin Pot) and still I have jittering but when I have unchecked "Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins" jittering is gone - but I need lock cursor because I'm making FPS game.
  • I tried UFPS and it's working fine(software mode and in AC Main cursor setting I have option: only when paused)  but I have other issue: when I left pause menu I can't move, I need to click left mouse button to start character controler
  • Is that an issue in Builds or just the Editor?
  • In build lefting from pause menu working fine(with UFPS) , but without UFPS I have still jittering
  • I have integrated UFPS and AC, but I have some errors on start: Could not find a FirstPersonCamera script on the Player and Look rotation viewing vector is zero.
    When I add First-Person Camera script to UFPS character camera first error disappear but I still have  Look rotation viewing vector is zero
  • And I will use software mode for cursor: it's working fine
  • You don't need add the First Person Camera component - the error can be ignored, since UFPS is overriding it.  Adding it will create a conflict that you're now experiencing.

Open up the UltimateFPSIntegration script to see instructions on how to use it at the top.
  • Ok, perfect Chris thanks!:)