Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem with UFPS Player and Hotspot Detection Mode: Vicinity

I failed to get this working together. I took the UFPS "Camera&Controller", added a "Hotspotdetector" as explained in the manual. If I swith to the detection mode "Mouse Over", everything works, but I need the "Vincinity". It works fine with the "Tin Pot" character, but I want to use UFPS instead. Thanks for help!

Comments

• There should be an extra "Hotspot Detector child" at the bottom of the Player inspector that'll appear once you set it to Vicinity.  Have you assigned your Hotspot Detector in that field?
  • Yes, I assigned the child (itself with Hotspot Detector Script) to the parent-field Hotspot Detector Child and assigned this as UFPS Player correctly in the settings. I can move the player and interact with triggers, but the problem is, that the hotspot does not get active. The hotspot action icons (for use and look) does not appear. They do, if I switch from "Player Vicinity" to "Mouse Over" and point the mouse on it.
  • I will try to recreate this myself and get back to you.
  • It's because the Hotspot Detector relies on Unity's Trigger functions, that require the object to have a Rigidbody.  Tin Pot already has this on his base, but if you add this onto the Hotspot Detector itself (and disable gravity), you should find it works.
  • The rigidbody does the trick, thank you Chris!
  • hi, i have the same problem, and i added the rigibody to the hotspotdetector but the message keeps going....

Both a Player and a Hotspot Detector on that Player are required for Hotspots to be detected by 'Player Vicinity'

-> AC debug logger
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object, Object)
    AC.ACDebug:LogWarning(Objpts/Static/ACDebug.cs:29)
    AC.PlayerInteraction:CheckForHotspots() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:247)
    AC.PlayerInteraction:ContextSensitiveClick() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:518)
    AC.PlayerInteraction:HandleInteractionMenu() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:157)
    AC.PlayerInteraction:UpdateInteraction() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:93)
    AC.StateHandler:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:355)

• Have you assigned the Player prefab in your Settings Manager, and the Hotspot Detector child field in the Player's Inspector?  If so, please post shots of the Player and Hotspot Detector Inspectors so that we can see what's going on.
  • done, thanks, it was the "set in the inspector" part...

=)