Forum rules - please read before posting.

Support of visual scripting assets other than Playmaker?

Chris: I know AC's support of Playmaker is robust -- but do you also plan to support newer assets like Bolt or NodeCanvas? 

Without going into specifics, these are arguably more evolved than Playmaker at this point. Thanks.

Comments

• The current Playmaker integration essentially allows for two things:
    1. Easy triggering of FSMs from ActionLists
    2. Synchronisation between AC and PM global variables
    With so many assets that users would feasibly want such support for, I feel that the best approach going forward is to make AC's API open enough to allow for anyone to make integrations.

#1 could be a custom Action, while #2 coulld be done through the OnVariableChange custom event (perhaps an additional OnVariableCheck event would benefit here).  If you can give more detail about what exactly you'd like in terms of a connection between AC and another asset, I can advise on the best approach.
  • "If you can give more detail about what exactly you'd like in terms of a connection between AC and another asset, I can advise on the best approach."

Thanks! It will definitely be Bolt for me, as it makes PM feel stale and archaic. I'll get back to you in this thread when I'm more familiar with Bolt, as I'm just learning the ropes now.