Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera Switch - strange things happening

Hi there.

I am very happy to finally have learned the basics about what I want to do with AC. My main tool is the Action type Camera Switch. With that and the help of hotspots the player navigates through my game by activating a list of cameras.

This works most of the time perfectly well. But right now it happens on a very random basis, that the player is sent to locations I just haven´t "programmed". The results are quite unexpectable. Sometimes it works, but once I corrected a misleading path, another one gets corrupted. I´m trying since one hour now, but don´t get the logic behind it. :)

(I may learn how to make a little on screen-video to demonstrate that behaviour, never did that before)

Comments

• The problem seems to be that AC (or Unity) doesn´t remember the changes I made.

• Hi there again. I managed to make a video about my problem. Let´s get stuck in a loop. :)

• edited February 2018
    So far as I can tell from the video, the Interaction ActionList "zurück: Use2" is shared by both Hotspots, so you're changing the same ActionList (and hence Action) each time.

If this is the case, go to the Inspector of one of the Hotspots and clear the Interaction ActionList field and click "Create" to auto-create and assign a new one.  You can then create a new Camera: Switch Action that is independent of the other Action.
  • Thanks a lot. The problem was that I thought I could simply duplicate hotspots to then alter these the way I wanted to. I wasn´t aware that each change then was also applied to the other one. Puhhh, I am glad it was my mistake and not a bug. Time to move on. :)
  • You can duplicate a Hotspot just fine, but the Interaction ActionLists it refers to are separate objects.  If you copy a Hotspot, you'll need to clear its ActionList fields and assign new ones.