Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player always scaled at 1 when playing the scene, v1.61.2

Hey, Ive recently updated my AC version to 1.61.2 (from a rather old version, cant remeber the exact one but its about a year old) and I have an odd bug.
Every time I start the game from any scene but the first, regardless if theres a player object in the scene or not,t he player is set to scale 1, completely ignoring any sorting maps in the scene.
Its also worth mentioning that the player prefab referenced in the game settings is scaled at 0.4.
Once I move to another scene (during playmode) the bug is fixed and the player is scaled normally.

Has anyone else experienced this(I tried searching the forum and found nothing)? Am I missing some setting that was added?

Comments

• Check to see if your sorting map settings are still intact. (the update has reset mine...)
  • Nope still intact.
    the weird thing is that if you leave the first scene you start form, and then go back to the original scene everything works fine
  • Can you remember roughly how far back you updated from?  There will be a lot of "Upgrade notes" to go through in the Changelog.

You'll have to post some images showing your Player and your Sorting Map, as there's not much to go on at the moment.  It'll also be helpful to see some debug data, so open up Char.cs, and place the following on line 2768 (just above the "if (spriteScale != 0f)"

if (this is Player) Debug.Log ("Character: " + name + ", sprite scale: " + spriteScale + ", Lock scale? " + lockScale + ", Original scale: " + originalScale);

What does the Console print when the issue occurs?

@Mutagon: Did you apply changes to AC's original SortingMap prefab?  If so, then you may experience resetting if you re-import it.  You can avoid this by leaving the file out of the import process (it's in /AdventureCreator/Prefabs/Navigation/SortingMap).