Forum rules - please read before posting.

touchscreen issue : active cursor fx

Hi Chris!

------------------------------------------
input method: touch screen
interaction method: context sensitive
active cursor FX: simple
------------------------------------------
The inventory item cursor didn't change from 'Main graphic' to 'Active graphic'.

When I set input method: mouse and keyboard, Active cursor works great but not touch screen.

Is there anyway to make it work?

Comments

• edited October 2018
    What are your AC/Unity version numbers, and is this occuring only in builds or the Editor as well?

Try assigning your Active graphic texture in the Cursor (optional) field.
  • AC:1.59d
    Unity: 2017.1.1f1
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    I am afraid of updating AC's latest version because of unexpected error in my game.

It's occuring both in Android builds and Editor.

Cursor(optional)field is working but I want to change texture when the inventory item hover over the hotspot.
  • edited October 2018
    You are a few revisions behind, you should really copy your project to a new folder and update AC in the copy to see if it resolves your issues. Each new revision includes LOTS of updates, so the chances are it'll fix it and make lots of new features available. So long as you have a good working backup, it's always worth trying to keep updating to the latest version, otherwise the community could spend hours trying to help you out with something that's already been fixed. You should consider updatng Unity too, as you'll start seeing features not working as they are deprecated and no longer supported by various assets (including but certainly not limited to AC).
  • edited October 2018
    To animate a cursor when over a Hotspot, check Animate? beneath the cursor texture.  Define the number of frames, etc, and make sure the texture itself has Read/Write enabled, and consists of your animated frames in a row.