Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animation not playing on UI Canvas for my QTE?

Can't work out where I've gone wrong!

Followed both the tuts for QTE (https://adventurecreator.org/tutorials/creating-quick-time-events)
All key input work etc, have an image attached showing the button press but no animations play.
I've got the animator attached to the canvas with a Default, Hit, Win & Lose states with loops turned off.
I also added the timer which works, just puzzled as to why it wont animate!

Sorry if this is vague but im fairly new to this xD
Thanks!

Comments

• Sorry, but I can't see any images. Bear in mind you can't upload images here - you have to post them on e.g. imgur.com and paste the links here.

To be clear: does the QTE itself run correctly, and this is just an issue with the UI animation? Do any related messages appear in the Console, and what are your AC/Unity version numbers?

Please share images of everything - your inputs, the Menu's properties in the Menu Manager, the QTE Action, the Canvas's Inspector, and the Animator window.

• Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.
    I'll attach the images when I get home.

But yes, everything except the animation works perfectly. There are no errors in the console and AC is the latest version /Unity is 2018.3.5f1.

• edited March 2019

Thank you. I'll attempt a recreation. I will need to see those images, however.

• Sorry for the late reply!
    In the link below is hopefully all the info, let me know if you need anything else.

https://imgur.com/a/qyaofZn

• Thanks for the details.

What is the actual "Win" animation it's supposed to play? Bear in mind that it'll play while the UI is fading out, so with such a short transition time it may be playing but not apparent.

• Morning Chris,
    Thanks again for the help.

On hit: the Q is suppose to simulate a button press animation
    Win: the white colouring glows green
    Lose: white glows red

I'll try extending the transitions, see what happens with the win & lose animations.

• The alteration of the timer didn't change anything.

• PM me a .unitypackage of your Managers, the QTE UI prefab (with associated Animator Controller, graphics, and animation assets), as well as a simple test scene to demonstrate the issue, and I'll take a look.