Forum rules - please read before posting.

Document Item as a parameter for an ActionList asset?

Hi Chris

I'm trying to create a generic Action List asset to pick up Documents littered throughout my game, similar to one I've created for picking up Inventory items (e.g. Add item to Inventory, hide object and disable hotspot - with each of these using parameters).

However, Document Item isn't one of the available parameter types to select when creating an ActionList asset (unlike Inventory Item, which is available).

Is there another way of doing this?
If not, please could you consider adding Document Item as a parameter type to select?

Also, AudioClip isn't an available parameter type either, so playing a sound (e.g. Sound:Play one-shot) can't be within the generic ActionList asset either. This isn't a showstopper, because a Sound ActionList can be called before/after the Generic ActionList is called, but it might be a bit neater if this could all be wrapped up in the generic ActionList.

Would it be possible to add AudioClip as an available parameter type too?

Many thanks
Matt

Comments

• Good point. Document fields cannot currently be set through parameters.

Rather than providing a "Document" parameter type, however, I'll more likely allow use of the Integer parameter to set its ID. Either way, I'll look into it.

AudioClip fields, however, can be set through use of the "Unity Object" parameter type.

• Thanks for looking into the Document parameter thing.

And thanks for letting me know I could use the Unity Object parameter type to pass in AudioClips. Hadn't realised that.