Forum rules - please read before posting.

Loading between scenes causing game to crash in Android

Hey Guys!

I've reached a major roadblock with Adventure Creator. I'm using Version 1.60.7 with Unity 2017 3 of 3, and every time I switch a scene and try to return back to the previous scene I switched from the game crashes in android. It doesn't happen in the Unity Editor, just happens when I build the game and test it on an Android Phone. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks in advance for your time.

Comments

• I would like to add to my post to make things more clear. :)

My problem is when switching between AC scenes. When a load a scene and then switch to another scene its fine. If I want to switch back to the first scene I loaded then the game crashes on Android devices. There is no error log in the editor. This is happening purely on the phone.

I started building my game using a previous version of adventure creator and the scenes used to switch fine. Once I updated to the newer builds I noticed this happening.

I tried using other versions of the Unity Editor because I updated that too and thought it may be due to Unity, but the adventure creator scenes crash when I build from other older versions of Unity. (Currently using 2017 3f3).

Praying to god that's its some minor glitch or some minor error that I made.

• Welcome to the community, @shyamspill.

Regardless of the reason, don't worry - I'll look into it.  Are you using loading scenes, and does it occur if you switch to/from e.g. the 2D Demo scene?
  • Can't find any immediate issue, it could be specific to your game/scene.  Is it only when switching back to a particular scene, or all?  What Remember components are present in it?
  • @voops: I already answered your previous post with the same question.
  • I am getting the same issue with my game, on iPad, when I load any scene it's fine, but when I try to switch back to another scene that was loaded before, the game crash. I'm using the AC 1.68 and Unity 2019.1.0f2. Please! Need help!