Forum rules - please read before posting.

Parsing debug log information

Hello! Dave again with my daily super newbie question.

So I got a "Could not create an animation engine!" error when testing my game. In looking through this forum, I discovered what caused the problem and what fixed it (I had removed a character from the hierarchy by accident). However, I might have been able to figure this out much sooner if the debug log told me WHICH actionlist and action number the problem occured in. This is the debug log info I got:

Could not create animation engine!
-> AC debug logger
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object, Object)
AC.ACDebug:LogWarning(Object, Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:25)
AC.ActionCharAnim:Run() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionCharAnim.cs:116)
AC.d__33:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:370) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:320)
AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:557)
AC.ActionList:EndAction(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:470)
AC.d__33:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:439)

Is there a way to parse all this info so I can pinpoint the actionlist and action number the error occurs in? It would be especially helpful in situations where several actionlists are firing off at once.

Comments

• This dump is in order of execution, with the last thing to happen at the top. So the last action list is ActionCharAnim, looking at line 116 it is giving you the warning above, and the reason is because the runtimeAnimChar is null.

• Not currently - the closest thing you can do is to look for local instances of the Character: Animate Action using the Actions Manager.

I agree that this would be a useful ability, however. There are performance implications to consider, but I'll look into it.

• I figured! No worries. I’ll middle through. :)