Forum rules - please read before posting.

1.40, Unity 4.6, ugui

edited November 2014 in Engine development
Hey

I'm wondering how's the work on 1.40 progressing so i can plan when i need to set time for update. (i'm waiting for a whole bunch of the features there:)

Have you had time to see if you've (or anyone) checked AC fortward compatibility with the new Unity 4.6 beta. 
Are there things that going to break?

3. on the same topic

the current AC's UI system is implemented with Unity's inefficient OnGui's system, right?
Are there plans to revamp it to Unity 4.6's uGui system? will that make games run more smoothly

Oded

Comments

• 1) ETA is early next week.

2) All feedback I've gotten is that AC works just fine with the 4.6 and 5 betas, but this is only what I've heard.

3) Once 4.6 is made official, I will be bringing support for UnityUI - but not before.
  • 4.6 beta has been working flawlessly for me so far with AC.

When I tried the 5 beta the mouse cursor was locked to the centre of the screen, but that was with my 4.x project imported and automatically converted, I haven't tried it on a fresh AC project yet.

Unity UI is great, can't wait to be able to use it with AC. I use Dialogue System with AC which has support for it. Really nice and easy to work with.
  • edited November 2014
    From what I understand, the UGUI in 4.6 is kind of a stop-gap or stepping stone for what's coming in Unity 5, so if/when the GUI system in AC is going to receive an overhaul, it would probably make more sense to do so in preparation for 5, which is not that far off.

PS - Chris, SoundGuy mentions waiting for a bunch of features coming in 1.40; I always read the changelog when a new version is released, but is there somewhere else I should be following to have an idea of what is being planned / worked on for the next version?
  • @DieHappyGames: Not really - he was referring to a couple fixes/requests that we'd discussed earlier.  I don't keep a public list - it's always subject to change.
  • Just updgaded to :
    Dialgue System 1.3.9
    AC 1.40b
    Unity 4.6.0

happy to report that other than existing bugs that were there previous to the upgrades, everything seems to work and nothing is seriously screwed up!

Yay!

Oded