Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player doesn't move

Hi, everybody. I'm new to game development, so maybe this question will turn out to be a stupid one for some. When I create a player (I did everything according to the instructions), he does not move, but only stands still and changes the direction of his gaze, and also wants to jump, but it does not matter. The main thing is that it does not walk, but stands still. I hope the problem is my inattention =)

Comments

• Hi Arsen_ can you post a screenshot of the inspector settings of your player and a screenshot of your blend tree in the animator? And do you use direct control or point and click?

• Yes, seeing screenshots would be necessary here to understand the situation.

One thing to be aware of, though: if your Animator has Apply Root Motion checked, then AC will rely on your animations to move the character using root motion.

If your character's Walk/Run animations don't use root motion, uncheck this box - otherwise you'll get the behaviour you're describing.