Forum rules - please read before posting.

Remember object after animation

Hi.

I have an object with animation. After playing animation  it has changed its appearance.
If player came from another scene, this object have old appearance. 

How to make objects stay always in the last frame after animation?

Comments

• You will have to provide much more detail - how is the object animated, through Mecanim?  What animation is playing and how is it set up in the controller?

AC v1.51 brings a new "Remember Animator" component that can be used to save Animator components.  If you use Legacy animation, you will have to use variables to determine what animations to play in your scene's OnLoad Cutscene.
  • edited April 2016
    How to correct update my AC version ?
    I mean, just to press "Import", or i have to remove previos version
  • Please read Section 1.6 of the Manual.
  • I updated AC according manual. I dont imported the References asset.
    Now all hotspots is not work. To fix this i must to reassign all hotspots to its interaction.

it is a small problem. A big problem is in player prefab. I cant see it in the scene window and i cant change its scale and order in layer.
    Here screens:

Boy settings in v1.4

Boy settings in v1.51

boy_bigimg settings in v1.4

boy_bigimg settings in v1.51

• Scale of player prefab is 0.26. If i put it in scene, scale turns into 0 and impossible to change it.
  • and one more thing. Double cursor appear. In game i have game cursor and default windows cursor in same time.
  • Please be sure to go over the "upgrade notes" in the changelog for each release between v1.40 and v1.51 - that's a big jump so there'll be some things to be aware of.

If the Hotspots are being reverted, it could be because you were modifying the original "Hotspot" prefab in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Prefabs.  Be sure not to click "Apply" on your Hotspots if they are still linked to the original prefab.

Uncheck Edit-mode preview? on your FollowSortingMap component to scale your sprite while editing.  The default sprite scale should be (1,1,1), so if that is the wrong default size for your scene you should either rescale the root gameobject instead or change the sprite's import scale (the preferred option).

Does the windows cursor display in builds as well?  The option to display the hardware cursor in the Editor is a new option (on by default) at the top of the Cursor Manager.
  • Thank you, i fix all, exept order in layer.

I change order in layer from 0 to 1 for child player sprite. But in game it turns back into 0. What wrong with it?

You wrote that in new version no need for remember hotspot component, but it is not. They appear any time when character came from other scene. 
  • and about remember animator component. 

Object after animation stop on last frame.
    I want it after animation always stayed on its last frame.

If i use remember animator component and back from other scene it appear on first frame and right away animate. 

here screens

• edited April 2016
    i find auto-add save components to GameObjects,
    but it adds remember script not to all hotspots
  • Please post separate issues in separate threads in future.

Your child sprite's order will be determined by the Sorting Map, since you've added the Follow Sorting Map component to it.  If you want the order to be added to the Sorting Map's values, check Offset original order?.

Where does it say there is no need for a Remember Hotspot component?

For the animation, create a one-frame Animation clip that is the last frame of the crystalJumpPipe animation, and make the Animator play it after this animation.

The auto-save script will only add Remember scripts on objects that need them.  You should find that RememberHotspot components are only added to Hotspots that are modified during gameplay - is this not the case?
  • I have an object with animation. After playing animation it has changed its appearance. If player came from another scene, this object have old appearance.

Hi All, old thread I know, trying to keep this one topic consolidated.

The italicized text above is my issue as well. I have an NPC whose 'standard 2D animation' values in their NPC component has him wearing a hat. At one point he will change his standard 2D animation values through an action list so he is no longer wearing a hat. When I leave the scene and re-enter, he is wearing a hat again even though I have attached a "Remember Animator" component to his sprite. Shouldn't this retain the value so his standard 2d animation remains without hat? Thanks all.

• In order to save changes to an NPC's standard animations, attach the Remember NPC component.

• works perfect, thanks