Forum rules - please read before posting.

Gameplay stops after first dialogue option is selected

Hey
, I am trying to convert some dialogues from custcenes to gameplay, and I am sure this will be some mistake on my side.

What I want to achieve is full ingame dialogue, player able to walk around while talking with NPC, select dialogue with keyes.
"dialogue options can be selected with number keyes" enabled,
"allow regular gameplay during conversation" enabled,
use interaction properties to "Run in bacground" ( only see this on hotspot, cannot see this option on Dialogue option properties )

Debug shows that there are no other action lists running, but after first dialogue option is selected, it says " gameplay is blocked".

I use latest 2017 LTS and latest AC.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Comments

• Debug shows that there are no other action lists running

As in, other than the DialogOption ActionList?

DialogOption ActionLists cannot be set to run in the background, but you can achieve this by overriding options within the Dialogue: Start conversation Action.

If you place this Action in an Interaction or Cutscene that runs in the background, and check Override options?, you can dictate their reactions within the same list - even it only to run ActionList: Run Actions that run longer Cutscenes that also run in the background.

• Hey Chris, thanks for response -

Just to clarify if I understand correctly - If I wanted to have full ingame dialogue, like, for example in Oxenfree ( full controll over character while talking, chosing responses etc ) I would need to either move nodes from "dialogueOption" action lists to that initial interaction action list, Or I would need to convert "dialogueOption" action lists to "cutscene" action lists?

Is there any way to convert action list type without losing speech manager IDs?

• Don't worry - I shall add a "When running" field to Dialogue Option ActionLists in the v1.73.1 update.

• Awesome, thanks Chris!