Forum rules - please read before posting.

Any way to import Document text?

I'm familiar with the Speech Manager and its ability to gather and import/export text. I've exported my text successfully and opened it in a spreadsheet program.

Is there a way to create documents in the spreadsheet program and them import them as a CSV file? Meaning, if I add a bunch of new rows to my already exported text file (giving them new Speech Manager IDs, etc.) will it break my game when I try to import it?

Comments

• The import process can only update existing entries in the Speech Manager - it can't create new lines by assigning new IDs directly into the CSV file.

This is because line IDs must be synced with their original source - in this case, the Inventory Manager's documents List. Adding new IDs without a source will cause them to be considered lost/deleted and removed during the "Gather text" operation.

To import Document text, you will first need to create a Document in the Inventory Manager, create the intended number of pages within it, and then gather it into the Speech Manager to generate IDs that can then be used to import text.

• That makes sense. I’ll try that. Thank you!