Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is there a visual way of knowing which actions are currently active.

Is there a visual way of knowing which actions are currently active like in other visual scripting systems like in Bolt? Wherein the connection lines are lit up and little dots flowing from one node to another in runtime?

Comments

• edited November 2022

Actions that are running in the ActionList Editor should light up in blue.

They do, however, seem to need the mouse to be over window for it to occur. I shall see if this can be addressed.

If you want to see which Actions have been run, you can enable comments for them and then display these in the Console via the bottom of the Settings Manager.

• That would super helpful to see the nodes running without mouse over. Helps a great deal when debugging.

• edited November 2022

To correct myself: currently-running Actions do highlight correctly after all. Where the mouse is should have no bearing.

• Would be great to make the highlighting more visible, it's very currently difficult to see.

• Strange, it looks very clear on my end. The only time I don't see a highlight is understandably when the action is run over one frame. If I have a longer action with "wait until action is finished" checked, or a wait action, I see the highlight perfectly.

• edited November 2022

@256bits Can you share a screenshot of how it appears on your end?

The highlight effect is performed by switching out the node's texture to AC's window-running / window-running-light textures (depending on which Editor skin is active). It is possible to replace these with custom textures if you wish.