Forum rules - please read before posting.

Load scenes from addressables error.

Hi, When I check Load Scenes from Addressables I get this error.

Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Game engine\SceneInfo.cs(190,16): error CS1061: 'AsyncOperationHandle' does not contain a definition for 'WaitForCompletion' and no accessible extension method 'WaitForCompletion' accepting a first argument of type 'AsyncOperationHandle' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Comments

• I'm using unity version 2020.3.2f1 and AC version 1.17.0

I have added AddressableIsPresent and also followed the instructions from the manual.

Here is a screenshot of settings scene loading : https://imgur.com/a/oUOy6J6

• It looks like a compatibility issue with your Addresables package. What version are you using?

• The Addressable package version I'm using is 1.16.19

• Update to a newer version - try 1.20.x

• edited November 2022

Hi I've upgraded to 1.20.0 like you sugessted and the error is gone. But after the scene is loaded and starts I get this error:

UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException: Exception of type 'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown. No Location found for Key=MainHall
    UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Addressables:InstantiateAsync (object,UnityEngine.Transform,bool,bool)
    AC.ActionInstantiate:Run () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInstantiate.cs:239)
    AC.ActionList/d__45:MoveNext () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:456)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine (System.Collections.IEnumerator)
    AC.ActionList:ProcessAction (int) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:406)
    AC.ActionList:BeginActionList (int,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:373)
    AC.ActionList:Interact (int,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:274)
    AC.ActionList:Interact () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:237)
    AC.SceneSettings:PlayStartCutscene () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs:345)
    AC.SceneSettings:OnStart () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs:110)
    AC.SaveSystem:InitAfterLoad () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:692)
    AC.MultiSceneChecker:RunStartProcess () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:123)
    AC.MultiSceneChecker:Start () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:55)

• Okay I have reverted a backup and started afresh. Did not get that error again.

• The error was related to an invalid key ("MainHall") set in an Object: Add or remove Action that has Reference Addressable? checked. If it returns, check that the prefab it references has a key that matches.