Forum rules - please read before posting.

UCC3 Integration issues

It's not possible to get the AC Motion ability automatically activated when using a cutscene pausing gameplay on start - to do that you either need to use an action list running in the background on start, waiting for 3 frames and then calling an action list pausing gameplay, or more simple manually start the AC_Motion ability. This may be expected but even so I thought it was worth mentioning to avoid anybody else a headache.

I posted about this before, but the Third Person Adventure camera in the AC_UCC demo scene can't be moved around by default - to fix that you need to set "Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins" to true, but I'm not sure if this is normal, even if it looks strange you should be able to play with a visible and movable cursor.

Comments

• One more thing : when teleporting the character, either by using the Object: Teleport action, or UCC's SetPosition method, the AC Motion ability stops. I can always restart it right after teleporting the player, but is that expected as well ?

• Thanks for the feedback - I'll look into these.

I can always restart it right after teleporting the player

How are you restarting it manually, and does the ActionList block gameplay?

• I made a custom Action that calls the TryStartAbility method and can set the force parameter to true. When AC Motion is active, Control Camera During Cutscenes is set to false and the Action List is set to Pause Gameplay then I can't move or rotate my character as expected.

• It's not possible to get the AC Motion ability automatically activated when using a cutscene pausing gameplay on start

I'm not able to recreate this - are you using the latest UCC and AC versions?

To test, I created an OnStart cutscene in the included Demo scene, and had it run the Dummy Hotspot's Interaction with an ActionList: Run Action.

When running the scene, the Interaction runs with AC taking control over the character - is this not the same for you?

the Third Person Adventure camera in the AC_UCC demo scene can't be moved around by default

I've updated the integration package with an option to ignore the cursor's locked state when it comes to camera control - see if that's working for you now.

the Action List is set to Pause Gameplay then I can't move or rotate my character as expected.

The AC Motion ability should kick in automatically when gameplay is blocked, and end one gameplay resumes.

The exception to this is if you're using Point And Click movement, in which case it's always enabled.

Are you saying that you want the AC Motion ability to be disabled during a cutscene?

• I made a new test project to be absolutely sure and imported the latest version of the UCC integration, but still get this issue, here is a video showing it :

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4VetqhyLS8s&ab_channel=CheotheDarkPioupiou

I'm using UCC 3.0.11 and AC 1.77.4.

Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins is still not set to true in the AC_UCC Settings manager.

And I don't want AC Motion to be disabled during cutscenes on the contrary, that's precisely why I was working to get it active with an On Start action list !

• Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins is still not set to true in the AC_UCC Settings manager.

The ability to move the camera when the cursor is unlocked is optional in the Atlas character's Inspector.

And I don't want AC Motion to be disabled during cutscenes on the contrary, that's precisely why I was working to get it active with an On Start action list !

To be clear: this is a case of being able to shoot / select weapons only - not movement?

• Sorry where exactly is that option in the character's inspector ? In any case you need to either set that to true or set Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins to true, it is frustrating to open the demo scene for the first time and not being able to move the camera !

And no I don't want to the player to be able to shoot or switch weapons when AC Motion is active - I just want AC to take full control during cutscenes that pause gameplay, that's what it's supposed to do !

May I ask if you're able to get AC Motion active right from the first frame when using an OnStart cutscene in a fresh project with the latest integration package from the website and the AC-UCC managers ?

• I apologise for your frustration. I believe I've recreated the issue, and looks to be due to UCC forcing the exit of the current state upon teleporting, which occurs when the Player is placed at their default PlayerStart.

I have updated the integration with a workaround, and have also made the cursor locked by default - thanks for the feedback.

The option to sync the camera and cusor is on the Atlas_AC prefab, with the AC_UCC_Character component's Sync Camera And Cursor Lock checkbox.

• Just downloaded the integration again on the AC website but the Lock cursor bool in Settings is still set to false and I can't see the Sync Camera And Cursor Lock bool on AC_UCC_Character, only the Control Character During Cutscenes bool and Player Input field. Was the correct version uploaded ?

• It was - I can import it onto a separate machine.

It may be a cache issue - try visiting the Downloads page in another browser or in private/incognito mode.

• Huh, that's weird but you're right, I downloaded it in private mode and now it's okay, AC Motion is active from the first frame, the cursor is locked on start and I can see the Sync Camera and Cursor Lock bool ! Perfect, thank you very much !

• Sorry but there's a new issue that's kinda like the opposite of the initial one : even with no cutscene in the OnStart slot the AC Motion ability is active during the very first frame ! I'm seeing this in the AC_UCC_Demo scene with the AC-UCC managers. Do you see it on your own end as well ? Even if it is for a single frame that's already a potential source of issue.

• Yes, I do.

Getting around this should be possible, but may be a bit hacky. What potential issue do you see this resulting in?

• I'd say things related to states and events, the only example I can give you so far is that if you use a state activated by AC Motion to activate a specific view type this can actually cause a Null Reference Exception on the first frame - this only happens when setting the state through AC Motion and not with a State Trigger, should probably report this on the Opsive forum.

This may be a niche case for which a workaround may easily be found, but even so unless there's a good reason why the ability should be active on the first frame I'd rather have the possibility to not have it active during it and only during cutscenes pausing gameplay.

• This looks to be due to the Settings Manager's Black out when initialising? option in the "Scene loading" panel.

When the scene is blacked-out, AC enters cutscene mode automatically to prevent the Player from being able to move/interact during this time. Unchecking this option will prevent this, and should cause UCC to stay away from the AC_Motion ability, which kicks in automatically when in a cutscene.

• You are correct, it does trigger the AC Motion ability for the very first frame. Sorry if all that felt like nitpicking but I do like having total clarity on this. Thanks again for your help and time !