Forum rules - please read before posting.

EXAMINING OBJECTS UP CLOSE not working

Hi Chris,

I am using Unity 2022.2.10 and AC 1.77.3 I am also using Unity's Input System

I followed your tutorial and struggeling to make this work.

https://adventurecreator.org/tutorials/examining-objects-close

If I use the first method, the script, then I get the following error:

InvalidOperationException: EnhancedTouch API is not enabled; call EnhancedTouchSupport.Enable()
UnityEngine.InputSystem.EnhancedTouch.Touch.get_activeTouches () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1.5.1/InputSystem/Plugins/EnhancedTouch/Touch.cs:336)
AC.ControlsReader.Custom_TouchCount () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Downloads/Input System integration/Scripts/ControlsReader.cs:344)
AC.PlayerInput.InputTouchCount () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInput.cs:1775)
AC.HeldObjectData..ctor (AC.DragBase _dragBase) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Moveable/HeldObjectData.cs:42)
AC.PlayerInput.OnGrabMoveable (AC.DragBase dragBase) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInput.cs:2234)
AC.EventManager.Call_OnGrabMoveable (AC.DragBase dragBase) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/EventManager.cs:1752)
AC.Moveable_Drag.Grab (UnityEngine.Vector3 grabPosition) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Moveable/Moveable_Drag.cs:591)
AC.PlayerInput.AttemptGrab () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInput.cs:2191)
AC.PlayerInput.UpdateDrag () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInput.cs:2110)
AC.PlayerInput.UpdateInput () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInput.cs:780)
AC.StateHandler.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:157)

And when I use the second mehtod, which is better and more dynamic then the ExamineMode menu opens and then I can't do anything. The object does not want to rotate and I can't close the menu.

Any recommendions here?

Comments

• For the first method: I've seen that there's an issue with the HTML formatting of the tutorial's script - though it doesn't match the error you're getting.

I've corrected the tutorial's formatting, so copy/pasting again should solve that particular error.

With either of the tutorial's methods, though, you will need to enable Enhanced Touch Support if you're using Input System. I've updated the Input System integration with an option to do this automatically in the Controls Reader component's Inspector.

• Hi Chris,

thanks I have enabled Enhanced Touch Support. But for some reason Method 1 is the only option that is working. When I try Method 2 the game just freezes and then crash. For now I think I will stick to method 1.

• Does anything appear in Unity's crash log?