Forum rules - please read before posting.

Document with multiple pages and textures not working?

Hello! i can't find a way to make this function work. I have tried both ways. Changing in the "Graphic Type" tab as "Document Texture" works correctly. Showing the main texture (if assigned) of the Document. But if I change the "Graphic Type" to "Page Texture" nothing happens. It only reads the text of each page but does not show the assigned individual textures.

Any ideas?

Screenshoot:
https://imgur.com/a/PnlC6Fw

Working on: Unity 2021.3.24f1 LTS
AC 1.78.0

Comments

• Welcome back, @Dave.

The Graphic element needs to be linked to a Journal element, so that it knows which Document page to refer to.

You can do this by entering in the name of the Journal element (which will need to be in the same Menu) into its Journal element name field.

• edited July 2023

Thank you @ChrisIceBox ! , it's nice to be here again.
    I'm trying (and struggling) to figure out how to do that. But I can't figure out how to make everything work correctly. Or at least completely.

In properties of Texture in Journal element name I put PageText
    In properties of ShiftLeft and ShiftRight the Journal to affect I put PageText

In this way, when clicking on the left and right arrows, I have managed to make the textures change, but in the wrong way. For example: the Texture of page#0 is never displayed. Instead the texture of page#1 appears with the text of page#0 and so on.

In addition to receiving this error in the console: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index

I am certainly doing something wrong! he he. Hope I was clear!

• I am certainly doing something wrong!

Certainly not - the fault is mine, I apologise.

If you open up AC's MenuGraphic script, look for line 333:

int pageNumber = linkedJournal.GetCurrentPageNumber ();

Replace it with:

int pageNumber = linkedJournal.GetCurrentPageNumber () - 1;

That ought to fix it. I'll issue a similar fix officially in v1.78.1 - thanks for the report!