Forum rules - please read before posting.

Nav Mesh won't work

Hi,

So I followed the 2D game tutorial and created a player. I also added a rigid body and paths script. Then I added a Navmesh.

The nav mesh is super basic just to get the character moving. However, the character doesn't move. I tried it with the main camera and a 2D camera. Neither work. I added a BG sprite, and that didn't work either.

This is the player information:

The player also keeps falling and I don't know how to stop gravity. Do I need to change the body type?

Comments

• What are your AC/Unity versions, and what is your "Pathfinding method" set to in the Scene Manager?

You can remove the Rigidbody component - generally it's not necessary for 2D AC games.

What's your Movement method? If set to Point And Click, make sure that the NavMesh is assigned in the Scene Manager.

• I have the latest version of both Unity and AC.
    Path finding method is polygon collider (the same one from the tutorial).
    Movement method is point and click.
    Nav Mesh has been assigned.
    Still doesn't work.

• Okay I got it to work, but I had to put a player prefab. Is there a way to put in a player in the hierarchy that overrides the prefab? It doesn't seem to want to do that.

I was able to do that in my 3d games, so I am just wondering. Was this changed in later versions of AC?

• No - that behaviour is as is it was, both for 2D and 3D games.

If you drop the Player prefab into the scene and run it, you should get a message in the Console about the override. Does this display, and does this override move to the Default PlayerStart when the scene begins?

Check that there are no colliders on the character that might overlap clicks to the NavMesh.