Forum rules - please read before posting.

Help with the AC combat example for mobile

2»

Comments

• I need to be clear: which of these two methods are you looking to make use of in order to select Interaction options? If you want to use the joystick, the code will need to be un-commented.

I prefer the method of clicking directly on the inventory interaction options.

• Revert any changes made to the CustomInventory script and replace the code block:

KickStarter.playerInput.forceGameplayCursor = ForceGameplayCursor.KeepLocked;
    KickStarter.playerInput.canKeyboardControlMenusDuringGameplay = true;

with the following:

if (KickStarter.settingsManager.inputMethod == InputMethod.TouchScreen)
        {
        KickStarter.playerInput.forceGameplayCursor = ForceGameplayCursor.KeepUnlocked;
    }
    else
    {
        KickStarter.playerInput.forceGameplayCursor = ForceGameplayCursor.KeepLocked;
        KickStarter.playerInput.canKeyboardControlMenusDuringGameplay = true;
    }

Then, set your Input method to Touch Screen.

You should then be able to click directly on the options. Test in the Editor before a mobile device.

• It worked. Thanks

• Now I suggest another problem which is that the Ui joystick does not allow clicking on two buttons at the same time, like aiming and shooting. I have the ''Aim'' buttons and the ''Fire1'' button.

• Is it limited to two buttons, or does the movement joystick + aim not work either?

• It is limited to one button at a time. It does not allow clicking on two at the same time. The joistick + aim movement works, you can walk with the character aiming the weapon.

• Recreated. A fix will be necessary for AC itself - I shall include the necessary changes in v1.79.2.