Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera Switch in conversation

Hi community,

does someone know how to switch the camera when a conversation start? What I want to achieve is to go to a close up cam and then the conversation must start. For some reason it is not working. I even tried to to use the event system but that didn't even work. I am using Unity 2022.2.10 and AC 1.79.1

Comments

• In AC Editor window click on Scene and add a "SimpleCamera". Position it however you need and then put this in the action list:

It's just a camera switch, then dialogue (and whatever else you need), and then camera switch back. This should work!

• Hi @EridanFresh thank you, but this is how I have it as well and it is not working. I have a feeling it's got something to do with the actual conversation.

• Can you show what the dialogue looks like? Or the whole ActionList? I'm not the most experienced but perhaps someone else could identify the problem.

• Are you using First Person mode? AC will revert back to the First Person camera automatically when in gameplay.

You can temporarily come out of first-person movement using the Engine: Manage systems Action).

Otherwise, by "conversation" are you referring to an actual "AC" Conversation, i.e. a list of dialogue options presented to the player?

• Hi Chris, yes I am in First person. And yes I am using AC's conversation system with a list of dialog options.

• In that case, you should be able to just uncheck Run Conversations in first-person, in the Settings Manager's "Interface" panel, for camera-changes to be respected.

• That worked, thanks Chris