Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu's off and on in certain scenes

Good day community,

I have a options menu that is currently setup in a spesific way. When is Options menu is closed it first needs to check if the player is in the main menu scene or normal game. I created this actionlist and added it to the ActionList when turn off flied. All this is working perfectly, but now I have also added the Advanced Graphics Options menu.

If the player is currently in the main menu scene and the player clicks on options, it opens up the Options menu as expected, but as soon as the player clicks on Advanced Graphics it autmatically goes the main menu. Which I understand becuase I am telling it to close the main menu if in the main menu scene. But how then do I tell the Options menu if you are in the Main Menu scene, and you want to open the Advanced Graphics options you should open it but you need to remember where you are. I hope I am making sence off what I am trying to achive.

I am using Unity 2022.2.10f and AC 1.79.3

Comments

• Rather than using the "ActionList when turn off" ActionList to control the state of your Main menu, have it be controlled as part of the Options menu's "Close" button logic.

If you're using "On Input Key" to automatically turn the Main/Pause menu on, you'll need to switch this over to the Active Input system instead - so that you can control exactly what happens when e.g. Escape is pressed. For example, if GraphicsOptions is on, turn it off and turn on Options; if Options is on, turn it off and turn on Main/Pause.

• Thanks Chris that helped.