Forum rules - please read before posting.

Resolution to NOT be reset every time you restart

2»

Comments

• That's right - as the data is stored in your Profile, it's independent of save-game files.

Again, for a true test you need to exit/enter Play mode. The options are updating correctly in your video, but you aren't restarting Play mode.

As the issue doesn't occur with the original template, however, it may be some change you've made while re-styling it. You may be best off starting over - ie. deleting the Menu, the Variable and the Event, re-applying the Template to bring back the default Menu, and checking that it works in builds before making further changes.

• Deleted everything you said and re-installed and the other options seem to work, but the screen resolution and windowed option never stay the same. Is this something to do with references within my machine? As I now have no idea why it won't save.

See video:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zj7y01pyqjuupoh1hl0tj/ResolutionIssues.mov?rlkey=9rfaozqw2ltopn0v17bgu7ah4&dl=0

• edited January 24

This happens in both my projects. Could there be other settings that are forcing the original instance back to the original setting? It is also as if the starting scene, whatever it is, as I've tried a couple, is forcing it back. See live in play exit/enter

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rsd8fmzrmqcndv7amntk2/MoreGOTesting.mov?rlkey=p5obd4dyc33i7pygz2ofprqj7&dl=0

• This happens in both my projects.

By plural, are you including the test project we discussed earlier - or is that working completely?

If it's working, it may well be some other setting in your project propert that's interfering. It could even be another asset. Try searching your code for instances of Screen.SetResolution.

• Sorry, test is fine, my two personal projects - how do i search the code? Thanks

• Found the culprit! There was an action list in OnBeginGame setting the resolution! Hurrah! Thanks for your help!