Forum rules - please read before posting.

Engine: Disable Movement doesn't work when using Kinematic Character Controller

edited April 11 in Technical Q&A

I've added the KCC to my AC character using the integration from the downloads section. It mostly works fine, but some of the AC related movement options don't work.

I have a AC menu (an input box) that pops up on the screen, allowing the player to type. The game is not paused during this, and the associated ActionList is set to run in the background. To keep the game moving in the background while allowing the player to type, I disabled the player movement by Engine: Manage Systems: Movement set to Disabled through the menu ActionList.

This worked with the AC-only character, but now has no impact with KCC included. Is the integration supposed to work like this or is it an issue on my end? Any relevant line of code that I can change to take control away from/ disable KCC manually when I use that Action to disable movement? Manually switching between Automatic and Manual Motion Control modes during runtime in the Player Inspector has no impact.

Comments

• The integration is intended as more of a "base template" to be modified, given the flexibility KCC has. You can use the following to check if the Movement system is enabled:

AC.KickStarter.stateHandler.MovementSystemIsEnabled

I've gone and added this to the package, however. Download it again and see if it works now.

• It gave an error that StateHandler does not contain a definition for MovementSystemIsEnabled.

I changed that to || KickStarter.stateHandler.MovementIsOff ||... and now it works correctly! Not sure if I'm on a different version and that was changed in an update.