Forum rules - please read before posting.

Basic main menu on/off issues.

Hello!
New 2d game with nineverbs GUI. Game starts > hitting Esc key appears the Menu, after Esc/Resume the game and the nineverb GUI is back > Ok. However AFTER a Unity restart the nineverb menu does not come back after the main menu appears, and also the walking(maybe the whole hotspot clicking) wont work. I can switching only the main menu on/off.
Or maybe i have wrong settings, but everithing is default. Only difference is the added nineverbs via the newgame wizard.
No error messsages.

Unity 2021.3.16f1, AC 1.80.4.

Comments

• Thanks for the details.

It sounds like this could be a duplicate of this issue, in which the game remains in "Cutscene" state after closing the Pause menu.

So far I haven't been able to reproduce this, but it's important to see resolved.

You can check if this is the case by enabling AC's Status box at the bottom of the Settings Manager. When enabled, the current "game state" will be shown in the upper-left corner while playing. What does it display when the issue occurs?

Try the suggestions I've made in the linked thread - it could be related somehow to the game's SetupPauseMenu ActionList, which'll be in your game directory's UI/ActionLists sub-folder.

• Yes, the status box says cutscene.
    https://imgur.com/a/W1aOwrE

• Thanks - I've replied with my findings in the other thread.