Forum rules - please read before posting.

Button selection Changes after selecting an objective

Hi, I am currently working on an objective ui with a ui prefab. I have the problem, that after i select a quest with a controller the UI updates correctly but then the selection jumps to the first element by itself. Is this intended behavior and can i disable it anywhere?

Comments

• Doesn't sound right. To be clear: pressing the "Submit" input halfway down an InventoryBox element that displays Objectives causes it to select the first slot?

Is the Menu set up to be directly-navigated, via the options at the top of the Menu Manager?

AC only forces the selection of UI objects in two places: in PlayerMenus' SelectUIElement function (line 3327), and OptionalMouseInputModule's GetMousePointerEventData function (line 103). It'd be worth placing a pair of Debug.Log statements around them to see if the Console reports anything becoming selected.

If so, share the stacktrace and I'll look into it. Otherwise, it may not be due to AC - are there any scripts/assets that may be contributing?

• I found the error. For some reason I had to remove the "ShowSelectedObjective" action list from the "Action list when clicked". Now it works just fine. Still unsure what caused it because it did not contain any action that selects an ui element.

• Thanks for the details - I've recreated the issue.

Unsure just yet as to what the cause is, but I'll look into it.