Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action Physics Raycast

Hi,

I have a strange thing happening when using the Physics:Raycast Action. It's used in a bit more complicated manner, but the result is the same so if I do the following in a First Person game:
1. Add a cube, assign hotspot with Action List Asset Action
2. Assign the Use:action from the attached figure (From Origin Forward). Origin is a Marker ("SleepingBag Raycast") that is placed as a child object of the First Person Player prefab.
-> The action goes directly to "If no object detected" and there is no red line to show that a ray has been cast.

Then:

• Change the action to "To Set Destination", assigning the cube as the destination
    -> A red ray is cast from the Marker to the Cube and I get the "If object detected result"

Then

• Change back to "From origin forward"
    -> A red ray is cast to the cube as if the setting was still "To Set Destination".

Then:

• Open another scene, then open the original scene again
    -> A red ray is cast as "From origin forward" as it should

Then:

• Close Unity, open Unity back up. The result is now back to the start with no red ray being cast and "If no object detected" action.

What am I missing?

Unity: 2021.3.8f1
AC: 1.80.5

https://imgur.com/a/3mTJ2ak

// Magnus

Comments

• A bug, most likely.

Open up AC's ActionRaycast script, and look for the following around line 100:

if (directionMode == DirectionMode.ToSetDestination)
    {
        runtimeDestinationTransform = AssignFile (parameters, destinationTransformParameterID, destinationTransformConstantID, destinationTransform);
    }

Just under, add:

else runtimeDestinationTransform = null;

Does that resolve it?

• Hi Chris,

No unfortunately not. It's still like the top case, where no ray is cast.

• A little further up, there should be:

distance = AssignFloat (parameters, distanceParameterID, distance);

Replace with:

runtimeDistance = AssignFloat (parameters, distanceParameterID, distance);

• Yes, works perfect. Thanks a lot!!