Forum rules - please read before posting.

No sound with Unity 5

Hello, I have upgraded to Unity 5 and the latest Adventure Creator (1.42c (Feb 13, 2015)). If I start a new scene in a new project with Adventure Creator, I have no sound when I run the 3D or 2D demo. They ran fine in Unity 4.x. I have audio in other projects without Adventure Creator. I have been trying to figure this out with little success. I am suspecting that the AudioSource components output propery is None but it expects an AudioMixer Group. I don't know how to tell it to use the AudioListner. Can someone help me to get sound to work again? Thank you.

Comments

• I recreated the project and scene and all is fine now. Sorry.
  • I'm having this same problem - what were the steps you did, Sryrs?
  • hello, i update to unity 5 and i have no sound too (sfx or music)
  • Strange.  I'll do some testing of my own, but so far sound has worked for me just fine.
  • hi!
    sound and music are back with 1.43 !
    thanks for this nice update,i hope it working for others!
  • Great, I'll try that this weekend!
  • I am having the same Problem with Unity 5.01, AC 1.43a and UFPS 1.5!

After hitting ESC for the Pause Menu and going back to the game, the sounds (from objects and the footsteps of player) are coming back instantly.

Special Mixers do not solve the problem as well as changing the volumes.

Any idea?
  • ... having an empty Cutscene at the beginning helps; strange!
  • I still can't recreate this myself, empty cutscene or no.  However, the next update of AC will allow you to control sound volumes with Audio Mixer Groups.  Hopefully, this will get around your problem.
  • Same problem still occurs here. Unity 5.3.0f4 , Adventure Creator 1.4.9a. empty cutscene solves the problem or if run around a activate a hotspot. the sound occurs instantly. wired. please fix it
  • edited December 2015
    I would like to, but I will need more detail than that to do so - as I said back in April, I can't recreate it myself.  Are you using UFPS also?