Forum rules - please read before posting.

Head turning -> Hotspot

Hi!
Is it possible to make my character turn his head towards hotspots in the room even if they are not selected? To hint where the hotspots are?

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• You can use the Character: Face object Action to make your player's head turn to any object you want.
  • Seems that i didnt gave much information on my "problem" ^^

What i would like to know is if i can use "Player Vicinity" to make my character turn his head towards hotspots if i have a 3rd person camera, Point and Click movement and Touch screen input?

It works flawless if i use Direct movement and Mouse & keyboard input.
  • That should already happen - which setting change exactly stops it from working?  Certainly the camera type should have no effect.
  • Point & click with Player Vicinity only makes the hotspots within the "hotspot detector" clickable and and all other hotspots outside the hotsot-detector unclickable, BUT the player does not turn his head towards the hotsot (within the hotspot-detector range) if i haven't first clicked on the hotspot to activate it. 
    If i use Direct controls however i can choose to make the player turn his head toward the hotspot closest to him (inside the hotspot detector) only by walking past it and without the need to first click on the hotspot.

Im making a touch screen game and if i choose Direct Controls AC lets me drag on the screen to make the player walk, which is a pretty nice way to navigate and if i have Player Vicinity on (hotspots closest to player), the player will turn his head towards hotspots by simply walking past them (just like i want) BUT the player will trigger the interaction menu no matter where on the screen i click if his head is turned towards a hotspot which disables the alternative to continue walking past the hotspot.

Also Direct movement with Touch doesn't work with 3rd person camera, nothing happens when you try to move. Thats why i'm experimenting with a virtual joystick but i'm lacking the coding skills so thats a no go.

[ok i can see that what i wrote i really fuzzy.. hope you can make out something from it ^^
    English isn't my first language]
  • Thanks.  I will look into it and let you know if I need more info.
  • The way Point & Click works is as intended - Hotspots are still selected by the position of the touch / cursor, rather than the player's position, which when using Direct control is handled with a controller, so the process is automated a little to aid the player.

However, the problem you describe with interaction menus, and the reason you've had to resort to Point & Click movement, will be fixed in v1.47.
  • Allright.
    Thank you :)