Forum rules - please read before posting.

Transparent Object in Demo

Hi,
I am new to Adventure Creator and to Unity.
I am looking at the first person player demo.
I create a new 3D plane GameObject (or cube) and put it in the demo scene but the object appears transparent on the scene.
I can only see the orange lines when I select the object from the Unity editor Hierarchy.
I tried changing the shader, created a new material, ensured it is not tagged and is with the 'Default' layer but nothing helps.
How do I add 3D objects to the scene?

Comments

• edited May 2020

Welcome to the community, @menashay.

Is this in the Game or Scene view, and at runtime or when editing the scene? And what if you do the same thing in a new scene?

As this is a visual issue, best to post a screenshot of the problem on imgur.com and link to it here. Though, this sounds like more related to Unity itself, rather than related to AC.

• Hi Chris,
    Thank you for your response.
    I started all over again and it seems to be working now. When I add a 3D object (like plane, cube, etc.,) the object is not transparent like it was previously.
    I must have deleted something. I am using your demo 'basement' scene and after clicking something I got the room really dark. The lights were just the same (to be sure I copied & paste from your demo) but I have noticed I was missing a shader (or is it material) in the reflection probe (the image right at the bottom of the inspector). Perhaps that was the problem.
    Regards,

• The reflection probe may have needed baking. This would just be a case of baking your lightmaps in the Lighting window, but that'll be to do with Unity. AC doesn't perform any special rendering techniques - it just uses Unity's own systems for all that.