Forum rules - please read before posting.

Updating from v1.54c

I'm coming back to a project that's still on v1.54c and Unity 5.4.2f2 (though 2017.3.1f1 appears to be the last version I used). I'm also using a new PC, hard drive, copy of Windows, etc. Is there a better way to update from this point than going through the version notes of each one? Is it even advisable to go straight to the newest version? Most of the work done so far is all graphics and animation, scenes with PlayerStarts, NavMesh, Cameras, that sort of thing.

Comments

• It's a big leap between versions, but I'd say it'd be best to go straight to the latest - especially if your use of AC has been chiefly with scene setup, as that's remained largely the same. Keep a backup at the ready, of course.

What you will want to do at least is go through the "Upgrade notes" of each version, as covered in the Changelog. It may take a while, but these sections list any changes made that you'll need to be aware of (e.g. option field replacements, API changes etc).

• Guess I'll work my way through it then. Thanks, Chris.