Forum rules - please read before posting.

Strange behaviour? On-screen dialogue subtitle moves and shakes with cursor movement

Hi, I have a really strange bug, that seems to be affecting my subtitle menu.

It's set to appear over the speaking characters head. When it does however, if I move the mouse cursor, the text waggles and shakes about being somehow affected by my mouse movements?

Has anyone experienced this strange behaviour? AC Version 1.71.3, UNITY version 2019.4.0f1 (LTS)

Would love any guidance anyone could give me?

Comments

• edited June 2020

SOLVED:
    A schoolboy error, but one that others might learn from.

I sometimes use the 3rd party FreeFlyCamera script to frame my shots in real-time in game mode.

It seems this had been left enabled, and wasn't causing any camera movement (so I didn't suspect it) but instead was messing with the screen position of the subtitles, when I moved my mouse.

All fixed... hopefully might help some other clumsy developer :)

• Welcome to the community, @andiliddell.

When subtitles are set to appear above characters, AC will account for their position in camera-space. It sounds like your other script was controlling where the camera was thought to be - affecting the subtitle positions as well. Thanks for the update!