Forum rules - please read before posting.

The item is not placed on "Puzzle template: Item arranging" prefab

Hi,

I tried to create a puzzle (part of my android game) using Puzzle template: Item arranging. The problem is that when I take the item and drag it over the slot, it does not stay in the slot, and returns to the initial position. I mention that the other parts of the game work, like interactions, hostpots, inventory, etc.

I followed all the steps described in the existing .pdf (except Cutscene for win).
For the piece I set Asociated item ID (which is also created in the inventory), I also put Correct Slot the slot created (I tried only one for test). And at Set interaction parameters I set "Item to select" to the correct one.
I also created GameObject, I attached Arranging Puzzle Manager and I put in it the 2 components: the slot and the piece.
Otherwise, the other options remained about the same.
I don't get any error messages or anything in the console, nothing and yet I don't realize what I'm not doing well.

If I place the Initial Slot the desired slot, then the piece will be there, but also cannot be moved to another slot.

I realize that the problem is a simple matter, and it can be easily solved, but I really do not realize what it would be.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2020

It's hard to guess what the issue might be - it sounds like you've done everything right.

What are your AC and Unity versions? Perhaps it would be best to share some screenshots, as it likely is just some minor setting somewhere.

Keep the item's Inspector open - when you pick it up, does the Hotspot component report itself as being turned off?

Does the included example scene work for you if you first load up its Managers and then run the scene?

(To load up its Managers, just double click the ArrangingPuzzleExample_ManagerPackage asset file in the Example folder)

• I know that is hart to guess like that. The Unity version is 2019.4.3f1. In that scene, the example works fine (with the Manager inside).

When I catch and drag the component, in Game this component moves, and in Scene-Inspector the component (the hotspot and the attached icon disappear). When I release it, it returns to the original place where it can be taken again, same in the Scene.

I tried to copy exactly the red piece and the red slot from the example and move them to my scene in the GameObject presented above. I changed the settings for the items, the same thing happens.
    I thought that maybe this behavior is known and that's why I asked the question.

Should I do more about a manager in my scene? I'm using my existing managers for the scene + the interaction from example.

• When I catch and drag the component, in Game this component moves, and in Scene-Inspector the component (the hotspot and the attached icon disappear). When I release it, it returns to the original place where it can be taken again, same in the Scene.

That's the intended behaviour - at least when releasing the item over an empty area. It should be different when over a "Slot" Hotspot, though.

Should I do more about a manager in my scene? I'm using my existing managers for the scene + the interaction from example.

So long as items can be directly selected, it should be compatible with other settings. What's your "Interaction method" set to? Again, seeing screens of your Managers and scene objects would help spot what's wrong.

Try temporarily running your scene with the example Managers assigned (save for your own Inventory Manager), as this will help determine if it is a Manager-related issue.

You can also try running the example scene with your own Managers assigned (again, save for the example's Inventory Manager), as this will help determine if it's an issue with your scene.

• The problems were apparently in GameObject, in the Arranging Puzzle Manager attached. I don't know exactly why. I copied exactly the same Arranging Puzzle Manager attached and in the example, I modified it and then it works.

Anyway, I'm sorry I made so much of a topic for a minor issue like this. In the end there was something from my scene (I think), the asset works perfectly and thank you for that: D

• No trouble, glad it's working now.