Forum rules - please read before posting.

What is the best way to make a spark that runs through a wick?

Hello to all the friends of AC,

In a scene in my game there is a stick of dynamite, and I want to put a spark at one end that goes through the fuse little by little ... What is the best way to do it in AC?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Would this be an object in the scene itself?

Just using Unity's regular animation system should be enough - for just the visuals you've described above, I don't see a need to involve AC. It could likely even be done with Timeline.

If you want to run a Cutscene when the spark reaches the end of the fuse, you can have your Timeline / Animation trigger the "Interact" function of a Cutscene component to run it. This would involve timeline or animation events, though, so you'll have to check up on Unity's own docs for that.

• Is there a way to assign a path to an object and make it run an animation as it traverses the path? It was a bit what I had in mind, but I don't know if it can be done.

• As in, a Path object as listed in the Scene Manager?

Only characters can move along Paths. You could make your object a character and give them a custom animation as they move along it, but I'd still recommend using Unity's built-in animation tools for its position change instead.