Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mouse look sensitivity different between editor play mode and build

Unity 2018.4.1f1, AC 1.70.1

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and can't seem to pinpoint where the issue is happening. I'm not 100% sure if this is an AC issue or a Unity one.

When building my first person 3D game the vertical look sensitivity (or maybe acceleration?) is significantly lower than the horizontal. There's something like a 60% decrease in speed. The sensitivity is fine however when testing in-editor.

I can increase the Y axis freelook sensitivity in the First Person Camera script prior to building to fix this but it seems to be scene dependant. Some scenes do not have the issue when built.

My Unity input settings all match up for X and Y axis and I can't seem to find anywhere else that would control the Y sensitivity.

The fact it only happens in builds is really throwing me off, I was wondering if anyone had experienced this or could shed some light on the issue?

Cheers.

Comments

• Are you relying on local Players for your scenes, or a single Player prefab. The only thing that should affect things per-scene is the "Cursor Move Speed" in your GameEngine object's PlayerInput component, but that is only set within the Inspector.

Even if it's in a backup/duplicate project, give the latest release a try. A bug related to first-person sensitivity was addressed in v1.71.0.

• Hey Chris, updating to 1.71.8 has fixed the issue. Thanks!