Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is there any easy way to start a 'New Game' ?

Hi everyone!

I think my question would be a very simple issue, but I did not find a SEARCH function in this forum, so I have to post this thread.

When I want to start a 'New Game' while I am playing the game, and let's say the player is currently in the Scene1, then I will switch to the main menu scene, and the choose the 'New Game' option, after that I should enter the Scene1 again, as there could be a lot of Remember Hotspot, Remember Movable, etc. So the Scene1 would not be same as the first time running of it.

Now what I am doing is make a lot of global variables, when the 'New Game' option is chosen, I will reset all the global variables to preset 1, and when I enter every game scene, I will check the global variable related to the Remember * Object, and make it to the initial status. This is really painful.

So is there any easy way to start a 'New Game' without quit and kill the game from background ?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited September 2020

Welcome to the community, @defauly.

No need for anything so complex - you can use the "Engine: End game" Action, setting the "Method" value to "Restart Game".

• Thank you soooo much, Chris.

That really helped a lot.