Forum rules - please read before posting.

3D direct control Character floating when pressing play

Hi Im new to AC. Ive set up a simple scene. Just a plane and a character. Followed all the tut in setting up the character. But when i press play i cant move and my player starts to float. when pressing the WASD it just rotate while floating
Anything that i missed?

Comments

• It seems that i couldnt use humanoid and have to set it to generic on my model. Only then am I able to move my character

• Welcome to the community, @Adam.

AC should work just fine with Humanoid rig types - it sounds like a root motion issue.

Unless your animations specifically make use of root motion, you'll need to make sure that "Apply Root Motion" is unchecked in your character's Animator component.

• edited October 2020

Hi Chris
    Even without any animation, I cant move my player if i set it to humanoid. All the player does is rotate when I press WASD
    Ive tried using Synty models and free Taichi models.

Here's a video link

• Thanks for the video.

When "Apply Root Motion" is checked, AC expects the character to be moved through animation. Having no controller assigned will have the same effect as having one but with no root-motion animations assigned.

Uncheck "Apply Root Motion" in the Humanoid prefab and it should work. I shall see if AC can perform this automatically if no controller is assigned, however.