Forum rules - please read before posting.

Global skippable cutscenes switch for testing

This might be just me, but Often if I'm using a cutscene to give really important narrative/story information (which is pretty often) I like to set the cutscene as NOT skippable.

Of course when it comes to doing testing playthrough's it's fiddly going to change them all first.. and of course I'll probably forget to put them back later.

Having a global Make all cutscenes skippable toggle, would be really useful for me, maybe on the global settings tab.

Just a thought
Cheers

Comments

• Nice thought, and I understand the situation.

Though, there is a potential for things to go wrong when skipping cutscenes if custom Actions are involved, since the behaviour of Actions when skipped needs to be determined in the Action code itself. For that reason, I'm a little reluctant to include an official "override" option like that.

One thing you can do, however, is include a simple script that marks all scene-based ActionLists as skippable when a scene begins:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class ForceSkipping : MonoBehaviour
    {

void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnInitialiseScene += OnInitialiseScene; }
        void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnInitialiseScene -= OnInitialiseScene; }

void Awake ()
        {
            DontDestroyOnLoad (gameObject);
        }

void OnInitialiseScene ()
        {
            ActionList[] actionLists = GameObject.FindObjectsOfType <ActionList>();
            foreach (ActionList actionList in actionLists)
            {
                actionList.isSkippable = true;
            }
        }

}

• That's great and really useful, thanks for going to the trouble.

Totally understand on the official override, as it's likely to cause more harm than good for some people.

As always thanks for the help!