Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change Movement Method In Game with Cycle Element in the Menu

edited November 2020 in Technical Q&A

Hello,

I'm trying to create an option in the Menu, that allows to change the movement method, if the player wants, from "Point and Click" to "Direct" and the other way around.

So, I created a Global Pop Up Variable, in which I wrote the two choices.
Then I created a new Cycle Element, in the Option Menu, in which I assigned the global variable and a "on click" Action List.
In this Action List I checked for the variable's value with Variable --> Pop-Up Switch. If it is "Point and Click" I'll switch to "Direct" and the other way around.

Everything should work correctly to me, but the problem is: when I click on the option's element, nothing happen.
Not even the variable is changing.

I'll share some screenshots of the Variable, the Cycle Elementn and the Actionlist:
https://imgur.com/a/pvhGXiU

Do you know what I am doing wrong?
Any help would be useful, thanks!

Comments

• Clicking the Cycle element will cause the Variable to change automatically. You're also manually changing the value in your ActionList, so what's probably happening is that it's being changed twice in the same click.

Also, be aware that you'll need to set your Variable's Link to property to Options Data in order to save its value in the same PlayerPrefs block as your other options.

To ensure that the Movement method is set correctly when the game begins, you should also assign the same ActionList (once the Variable: Set Actions are removed) into your Settings Manager's ActionList on start game field.